The Evolution Rifle program from MPA provides an opportunity for consumers with existing Remington 700 (Short or Long Actions) or Savage (Short or Long) rifles or barreled actions the ability to send these in to MPA for a complete rifle Evolution. Here is the process:
- Send in your existing barreled action. MPA will remove the barrel (and return to the customer) from the action.
- We will “blueprint” the action including truing the face of the receiver and the lugs plus re-cuting the threads. We will also square up the receiver lugs. The bolt face will be squared and the bolt lugs will be lapped.
- Install a Spencer/MPA barrel. The barrel contour will be to the customers specifications along with barrel length (up to 27″). The caliber and chamber will also be to customer specs. The barrel itself will be one of our 416R stainless, button rifled, stress relieved and hand lapped match grade barrels. When the chamber and muzzle are cut, both will be indicated into less than .0001″ of runout from the chamber to the bore.
- Install in either our BA Chassis, BA Competition Chassis or BA Lite Chassis.
- Customer picks the cerakote color.
- Install a 20MOA Scope Base
- Options include trigger designation, cerakoting the action, addition of muzzle brake and bedding the action.
On the bedding of the customers action, heavy consideration will be given to the condition of the outside geometric configuration. If the action has issues with straightness, roundness or cylindricity, the action should be bedded. If not, the action will mate up properly with our v-bedding system used on our entire line of BA Chassis. Specifically, if the action is not round and straight, when its pulled down into the v-bed, distortion will occur, which works against the accuracy potential of the rifle. When the customers action is received, we will perform an inspection on one of our CMM’s (Coordinate Measuring Machines) to determine the actions configuration.
- BA Competition or Standard Chassis Base Package – $1795 (Includes Action/Bolt Truing, MPA Barrel + Install, MPA BA Chassis, Rifle Basix Trigger, Scope Base, Thread Protector)
- BA Lite Chassis Base Package – $1620 (Includes Action/Bolt Truing, MPA Barrel + Install, MPA BA Lite Chassis, Rifle Basix Trigger, Scope Base, Thread Protector)
- Cerakote Action +$75
- Add MPA Cowl Muzzle Brake +125
- Bedding Action +$125
- Other Trigger Options – Call MPA for Pricing
To order the BA Evolution, please click on this link http://masterpiecearms.com/shop/mpa-ba-evolution-rifle/
Or contact Phil at 866-803-0000 x4 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
BA Rifle with Optional Bipod, MPA BA Mount and Bushnell Optic
Spencer/MPA Rifle Barrel
416RQ Stainless Steel
Precision Gun Drilled, Reamed and Honed
Pull Button Rifled
Bore and Land Inspected on Video Borescope
Sheffield Air Gage Inspection to .0001″
Chamber is indicated within .0001″ or less – to the bore of the Barrel
Masterpiece Arms Tactical Chassis System (BA Chassis, BA Competition or BA Lite)
Produced from 6061 Aluminum
V-Bedding System with Additional clearance for Glass Bedding Action and Straight Section of Barrel
MPA Buttstock with Adjustable Cheek Riser, Length of Pull and Monopod
Front mounted Bridge with Upper Picatinny Rail (BA Chassis or Competition Chassis)
Lower mounted Picatinny Rail
20MOA Scope Base
Cerakote Finish – Multiple Colors Available
User Locate-able Barricade stop system compatible (requires purchase of rotating barricade stop)
Built in Bubble Level
Recoil Pad is Adjustable for Height and Cant
We will install a Rifle Basix Trigger (action and pull weight dependent) as the standard trigger or install a Timney or Jewel (as an option).
Plano Basic Rifle Case
Chassis Weight – 5.2 lbs (BA Chassis) 5.0 lbs (Comp Chassis) or 2.9 lbs (BA Lite)
Rifle Weight – Depends on Chassis Type, Barrel Length and Contour
Barrel Twist – Depends on Caliber
Barrel Length – Customer Specified
Barrel Muzzle Thread – 5/8-24 TPI
Barrel Profile – Sendero Profile (others available)
Monopod – Included (On BA Chassis Only)
Barrier Stop Capable – Included
Coating – Cerakote
Length of Pull – 13.5-15″
Trigger – Customer Determines
Trigger Pull – 8 0z-4 lbs.
Lead time on this build will be 8-10 weeks from receipt of action.